Maybe you’ve heard a lot about blogs. You’ve heard your friends talk about popular blogs and popular bloggers like Linda Ikeji. Probably, you’ve also heard about websites, that you start to wonder what the difference really is.
A website is simply: a collection of web pages located under a single domain name. These web pages may be in form of texts, multimedia, or combination of both. Websites are very important part of the World Wide Web; the internet. Once you have an internet connection, you can visit a website.
Websites can further be categorized into 6 main categories:
- Web based Sales: Popularly known as e-commerce
- Offline sales: Allows customers to buy goods or services from offline stores
- Generating leads: Gets customers for new businesses
- Market Awareness: Lets consumers to know about a particular product.
- Informative and Entertaining:
- Influential: This kind of website influences its visitors to follow a new direction or product.
It’s good to note that a website may fall into more than one category.
So, what is a blog?
A blog is just a part of a website. It allows users/visitors to read, comment or share posts/articles. There are many types of blogs, ranging from food blog, travel blog, music blog, lifestyle blog, fitness blog etc.
Both websites and blogs can be owned by anyone. Whether an individual, a business, an organization or a group of persons.
If you’ll like to own a website, or a blog, meet a web developer or a web designer. You can find them online, or offline. But, if you don’t know where to find them, don’t worry. This is what me and my team knows how to do best. We are available 24/7. Call or email us now. Your satisfaction is our utmost concern.